Many Brides like the idea of their wedding appearing in one of the wedding magazines. It’s just as well that magazines have no shortage of Bride’s volunteering their photos – Real Life weddings are one of the most popular sections in any wedding magazine.
I’ve had quite a few clients featured over the years, the latest in the most recent issue of You & Your Wedding. Whilst there’s no guarantee of your wedding being featured, here are a few pointers which might help you decide whether yours is likely to be in the running:
1. An unusual or particularly stylish wedding venue. There’s a trend for weddings to take place overseas at the moment, and somewhere particularly beautiful has a head start.
2. A strong theme – colour or style – that flows through the wedding.
3. A good story – for example, how you met or the choice of dress.
4. Interesting and unconventional details – flowers, mode of transport, ice vodka luge, favours, cake – that can feature in the article.
5. Designer names – a dress by a top designer, flowers by a leading florist all add cachet to the feature.
6. Fabulous photos! – the details and some of the action. You may have some lovely portraits but these are almost never featured. The magazine editor is looking for pictures that tell the story of the day to accompany the words, so you’ll need to supply a complete range.
However, don’t be too disappointed if your special day doesn’t make it into print. Editors are looking for inspiration for their readers, and they also need a variety of weddings in each issue. If yours is the third 1940’s themed wedding they see that month then, however beautiful, it probably won’t make it.